cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2.2 3750x and 3750 mixed stack upgrade

rdotson
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to use LMS to upgrade a stack of switches that have 1 or more 3750x's and other 3750's.  In Software Distribution, if I choose Distrube to devices, basic, it finds the x switch, which is the master but says the others are not candidates.  I don't see a place where I can tell it it is a mixes stack and choose multiple IOS's.

2 Replies 2

Douglas Holmes
Level 1
Level 1

I am not particularly fond of mixed stacks in the enterprise.  There is always a danger when updating code that might not be compliant.  When using mixed stacks, I always updated manually and never used LMS.  This might not help in your particular situation. I didn't want to leave such an upgrade to chance.  When updating the IOS, you can do one switch at a time within the stack.   I use the .tar image and the "archive download-sw".  There is an option for the individual flash files systems for each stack member. 

Thanks Douglas, that's what I've been doing, but with a couple hundred stacks to do, it takes forever that way, because you have to do each switch individually, and most of my stacks have 4 - 8 switches in the stack.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: