cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2.3 device and system update failing

9tgonzalez
Level 1
Level 1

I have upgraded to prime LMS 4.2.2 (from 4.0.1) and can not perform system or device upgrade. Using wireshark I can see why. it looks like LMS is trying to go to this old web link http://cco.cisco.com/cgi-bin/login to get software. I believe this was fixed years ago in bug CSCto46927.

Can I reapply bug fix CSCto46927 on 4.2.3 or is there another fix?

Thanks.

42 Replies 42

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No , you don't need to apply any fix as of now.

Wait for a day , I'll update you tommrow..

Thanks

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hello,

I am getting this error in my CISCOWORKS 4.2.0 What can it be? How can i fix this?

I am also waiting for your (cisco) answer, my problem is same.

Upgrade to 4.2.3 from 4.2.2, and device update is no working.

Tcpdump shows the following:

....... GET http://cco.cisco.com/cgi-bin/login HTTP/1.1

14:25:22.241939 IP (tos 0x0, ttl  61, id 44326, offset 0, flags [DF], proto: TCP (6), length: 587) mailgaxx.xxxx.hu.http > ciscolms.45221: P, cksum 0xac34 (correct), 1:536(535) ack 319 win 1716

E..K.&@.=.W..........P.....-.:.......4.....

...C....HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found

Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 13:25:22 GMT

I think the problem is on Cisco's web site. I just tested with my very old LMS 3.x Ciscoworks and it's failing too.

I am not sure,

if your very old LMS is not patched for CSCto46927 bug, it will also query the wrong address...

I do have the patch installed, and was able to update a couple of months ago.

Thanks.

I currently have Cisco Works 4.2.2 and I m having the same problem!!!! What could it be ! Cisco Works 4.2.2 should have the patch to avoid device update errors

Hi,

I am having the same issue but looking in the PSU.log, I am seeing :

Wed Jan 16 09:48:17 GMT 2013 ] INFO   [SecurityHandler : getCSProxyHost]  : No proxy Host configured

[ Wed Jan 16 09:48:34 GMT 2013 ] INFO   [SecurityHandler : getCSProxyHost]  : No proxy Host configured

[ Wed Jan 16 09:48:34 GMT 2013 ] INFO   [SecurityHandler : getCSProxyPort]  : No proxy port confgured

[ Wed Jan 16 09:48:34 GMT 2013 ] INFO   [SecurityHandler : getCSProxyHost]  : No proxy Host configured

Which for me does not need to be configured.

Ian

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I just got a chance to check my lab server (LMS 4.2.3, updates had been working fine as recently as early December on 4.2.2, no proxy server is used) and I too get the error mesage.

I suspect an error at the cisco.com end of the link. It may be independent of the LMS 4.2.3 update and just started happening in late December by coincidence.

As Marvin said  there is an error at the cisco.com link.

I will update the thread as soon as I have any workaround or suggestion

Thanks

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

I opened a TAC case and was told not to expect a fix for at least two weeks.

var-node
Level 4
Level 4

same issue here. LMS 4.2.2

is there a workaround?

Cheers

Just want to report that me too have the same issue, LMS 4.2.2.

Waiting eagerly for a fix or workaround.

Christian,

This issue is high priority issue, which is being worked upon by Cisco. This will be fixed shortly, till then almost all LMS systems are affected for this functionality and is not an issue from Server side.

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: