cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2.3 device and system update failing

9tgonzalez
Level 1
Level 1

I have upgraded to prime LMS 4.2.2 (from 4.0.1) and can not perform system or device upgrade. Using wireshark I can see why. it looks like LMS is trying to go to this old web link http://cco.cisco.com/cgi-bin/login to get software. I believe this was fixed years ago in bug CSCto46927.

Can I reapply bug fix CSCto46927 on 4.2.3 or is there another fix?

Thanks.

42 Replies 42

Hi all,

I am running LMS 4.1 and facing the same issue. I suppose that this too is affected.

Waiting for any update

crowan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I just upgraded to LMS 4.2.3 from 4.2.1 because I thought doing so would resolve the issue preventing me from connecting to cisco.com for updates.  I keep getting the "No proxy host configured" error in the psu.log.

Thu Jan 24 09:28:37 CST 2013 ] INFO   [SecurityHandler : getCSProxyHost]  : No proxy Host configured

[ Thu Jan 24 09:28:40 CST 2013 ] INFO   [SecurityHandler : getCSProxyHost]  : No proxy Host configured

[ Thu Jan 24 09:28:40 CST 2013 ] INFO   [SecurityHandler : getCSProxyPort]  : No proxy port confgured

[ Thu Jan 24 09:28:40 CST 2013 ] INFO   [SecurityHandler : getCSProxyHost]  : No proxy Host configured

I don't use a proxy server.  I remember once upon a time I could update LMS, so what gives?

Thanks in advance for any info.

-Chris

Hi All ,

Issue is still not resolved , I am hoping that it will be resolved in couple of days ..

This issue is affecting  All LMS versions

Thanks

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

marierey
Level 1
Level 1

Just a quick update for everyone, the issue is still present and the Cisco team is still working to resolve it. No ETA for a resolution is available yet.

While this is resolved you can get updates for the application directly on the cisco.com page:

http://software.cisco.com/download/navigator.html?mdfid=283427841

-Mari

chad.willcox
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running 4.2.3 and the device and software updates worked today.

Hello,

I'm running 4.1 and the problem seems to be fixed

As the issue was mainly NOT from the device side and was from Cisco.com URL used by server's.

It is fixed now and the issue should resolve for all the LMS server's.

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

"It is fixed now and the issue should resolve for all the LMS server's."

Are you sure?

The error message is missed, so I asume the web page is answered correctly,

but something is wrong with package checking.

For example, at my LMS 4.2.3 the ASA package is 7.0. After checking it shows there is no package to update (Popup - "No updates available in Cisco.com for selected products")

Tcpdump shows:

Cisco Prime LAN Management Solution 4.2

LMS Inventory Config And Image Management Device Package Updates

ASA(7-1)

ASA(7-1)

So there is an update to 7.1. Same problem with NAM (my ver is 6.0) and the newswest at cisco.com is NAM 6.1,

On the other hand the  " 4.2.2" is weird.

If a have a newer (patched) version, the packages are not available to me??

Dont understand...

Hi, looks like its a bit unstable right now, sometimes upgrade works, sometimes it doesnt.

Linux appliance LMS 4.2.2

Hi All,

Yes the issue is been taken care It will be stable in next 24 hour  !!!

Cheers !!!

Thanks

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

I"m running LMS 4.2.3 and updates are still not working for me.

from psu.log:

[ Wed Jan 30 13:24:15 CST 2013 ] INFO   [SecurityHandler : getCSProxyPort]  : No proxy port confgured

[ Wed Jan 30 13:24:15 CST 2013 ] INFO   [SecurityHandler : getCSProxyHost]  : No proxy Host configured

Wed Jan 30 13:24:15 CST 2013 ] INFO   [SecurityHandler : getCSProxyPort]  : No proxy port confgured

[ Wed Jan 30 13:24:15 CST 2013 ] INFO   [SecurityHandler : getCSProxyHost]  : No proxy Host configured

I'm not using a proxy!

-Chris

Hi,

Running 4.2.3, this is still not fully fixed

I can run the update for Device, but as I did some manual uupdates it reports no updates to apply.

How ever rge update for Ciscoview is still broken, with the No Proxy fault.

[ Wed Jan 30 23:20:01 GMT 2013 ] FATAL  [DevUpdate : performAdd]  : Error while trying to connect to Cisco.com. Return Code = 1

[ Wed Jan 30 23:20:01 GMT 2013 ] INFO   [SecurityHandler : getCSProxyHost]  : No proxy Host configured

[ Wed Jan 30 23:20:26 GMT 2013 ] INFO   [SecurityHandler : getCSProxyLogin]  : No proxy User Name configured

[ Wed Jan 30 23:20:26 GMT 2013 ] INFO   [SecurityHandler : getCSProxyHost]  : No proxy Host configured

[ Wed Jan 30 23:20:30 GMT 2013 ] INFO   [SecurityHandler : getCSProxyHost]  : No proxy Host configured

[ Wed Jan 30 23:20:30 GMT 2013 ] INFO   [SecurityHandler : getCSProxyPort]  : No proxy port confgured

Hi All ,

Cisco.com connnectivity issue has been fixed now. It is stable now.

Thanks

Afroz

Are you sure?

Pls take a look at my (Jan 30, 2013 3:23 AM ) post,

We have 4.2.3 , the installed ASA package is 7.0. After checking it shows there is no package to update (Popup - "No updates available in Cisco.com for selected products"), but tcpdump shows the 7.1 is available.

Attila - my LMS 4.2.3 successfuly updated ASA software to version 7.1.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: