Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2.4 Baseline template deploy fails for 2960X

kkolander
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we have Cisco Prime LMS 4.2.4 and I added a new switch type C2960X-24TS-L with IOS Version 15.0.2-EX1.

I'd like to deploy a baseline template, but it fails:

Protocol ==> Unknown / Not Applicable
Selected Protocols with order ==> SSH,Telnet,TFTP
Execution Result:
CM0150 Deploy Baseline template to PRIMARY config on device failed Cause: Operation not supported for generic support devices
CM0056 Config fetch failed for xxxxx Cause:
PRIMARY-RUNNING config Fetch Operation failed for TFTP.
SSH: Failed to establish SSH connection to 10.xxx.xxx.xxx - Cause: Authentication failed on device 3 times.
Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device package is installed.

The device is reachable via telnet.

I think that I installed the latest device packages for LMS 4.2.4.

What could be the problem here?

Thanks,

Kerstin

4 Replies 4

Ashok Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Try running DCR verification, or just Sync Archive for problematic device. See, what the status is coming. It could be because of multiple reason such as SNMP time-out etc.

- Ashok

************************************************************************************************************

Please rate the useful post or mark as correct answer as it will help others looking for similar information

************************************************************************************************************

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kerstin,

Baseline template works on the "last successful config archive " of the device.

as mentioned in the earlier response ,there can be few reason for it .

run the manual job for "Archive collection " (configuration >synchronization)  , it has be successful to get the base line template to work.

Need to Check few things::

**check the device credentials

**try increasing the SNMP and telnet\ssh timeout

**update the device packages  (Admin > System > Software Center > Device Update)

lastly , try deleting and re-adding the device

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi Afroz,

when I checked the ssh-credentials, I got a failure on ssh enable.

The failure message on ACS is "missing user password".

I reentered the credentials, but the error persists.

I tried to login with the credentials manually, and it works. So the credentials are correct.

Last I deleted and re-added the device, but nothing has changed.

Other devices (not 2960X) working correct.

So I think maybe I haven't the latest device packages for 2960X-Switches. But here is the next problem, I can't check for latest packages:

[ Tue Apr 07 12:19:10 CEST 2015 ] INFO   [DownloadManager : queryAllPkgs]  : Going to collect download packages...
[ Tue Apr 07 12:19:12 CEST 2015 ] ERROR  [RemoteRepSync : downloadPsuHeadersAsXml]  : VDSException thrown com.cisco.nm.xms.vds.VDSException: CcoDownloadAdapter::getXmlFileList():IOException:tools.cisco.com

Regards,

Kerstin

Update:

It seems the device package Cat2960 v10.1 was not correctly installed.
If I look at the installed packages, the package Cat2960 v10.1 is displayed (attached RME_Packages.jpg).
But in the window "Device Type Count" there are no 2960X-Devices and all other 2960-Devices show the version 10.0 (attached Device_Types.jpg).
What can I do here? Uninstall and reinstall the package?

Kerstin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: