cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2.4 CiscoWorks Deamon Manager failed to start

Hi Team,

Ciscoworks LMS deamon manger failed start with below error

Error:

The service is not responding to the control function.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2186.

Below is the event i found the Eventviewer

The Cisco Prime Daemon Manager service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Any suggestion on this??

Regards,

Channa

6 Replies 6

Ashok Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Check the swap configuration (swap virtual memory on the installation drive of the LMS). Configure Swap manually.

- Ashok

******************************************************************************************************

Please rate the post or mark as correct answer as it will help others looking for similar information

******************************************************************************************************

Hi Ashok,

Thanks for your reply.

i have made sure the swap is configured and in place.

Physical Memory : 16 GB

Swap memory : 32 GB

I also tried to resetting the CASUSER and added to the administrator group. but no luck.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Channa

Hi, 

Ok! check for below as well!

- Certificate issue:Try Recreating the certificate
- Apache process unregistered by mistake and that prevents the Daemon manager from coming up. Try Register the Apache process

-  some times md.properties may also gone corrupt.

if you still face issue, you can open a TAC case for through analysis. 

- Ashok

Please rate the post or mark as correct answer as it will help others looking for similar information

Hi Ashok,

I also tried by recreating the certificate also but it didn't help.

can you brief how to register the Apache process??

Regards,

Channa

Not sure why you want to register the Apache process alone when the entire LMS services are not starting.

Please check NMSROOT/logs/syslog.log and share the error you see in it, when you try to start the services.

Also, try to make user casuser a member of administrators group and also make sure it is not disabled. You can access the Local users and groups manager wizard to check this (start > run > lusrmgr.msc).

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Hi Vinod,

i have checked the casuser is in enabled.

want to know the LMS server added to the domain recently, adding the server into domain going to affect the LMS services ??

Regards,

Channa

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: