cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2.4 inventory collection problem

jedavis
Level 4
Level 4

I just upgraded from 4.2.3 to 4.2.4 and now I am having problems with inventory collection.  Most everything fails with the message "Device Collection Failed. Failed to fetch EnergyWise details. Refer IC_Server.log for more details".  The exception is devices that do not participate in energywise - these seem to still work.  I am trying to provision some 2960 switch stacks and this is causing me a major problem as I cannot push configurations to these through template center.  They do not show up as selectable devices and I think it is because inventory collection is not completing.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?  When I check IC_Server.log I see

com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.ags.system.CollectionFailed: java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.pkgs.LibInventory.EnergyWise_HelperMethods.getDeviceEnergyWise(EnergyWise_HelperMethods.java:77)

TIA

-Jeff

1 Reply 1

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jeff,

Enable the debugs for inventory and Config image management from the Admin->debug settings->Config and image management debugging settings.

Select the application ICServer and set the log level to debug. After enabling the debugs kindly recreate the inventory job for the device in question( just one or 2 device ) and once it is failed send me the IC_Server.log file from the location CSCOpx\log on your Cisco works.

thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: