Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2.4 -- Problem with UT & Inventory when using SNMP v3

david_austria
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have created a Credential-Set with SNMP v2 and SNMP v3 credentials and enabled at the discovery settings the fallback option from snmp v3 to v2. For the discovery this setting works but at the inventory collection and the UT it seems that the LMS just tries the snmp v3 credentials. Is there a way to enable also a fallback to snmp v2? Because now only our devices with snmp v3 get a success all other devices get a failed.

Using LMS 4.2.4

regards,

David

2 Replies 2

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David,

What type of credentials set you are using  in DCR ?

there is no fall back mechnasim for Inventory collectio and User tracking .

Inventory collection and user tracking will get the credentials  from the credentials that you are using in DCR .

Inventory should be sucessfull as long as you have correct credentils defied in DCR.

Thanks-

Afroz

[Do rate the useful post]

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

I have made a Default Credential Set which includes the SNMPv2 and the SNMPv3 credentials.

Now I have solved the problem by manually deactivating the SNMPv3 credentials for the SNMPv2 devices.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: