Replies

LMS 4.2.5 - CiscoView - network module not displayed

marek.golha
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

CiscoView in LMS 4.2.5 doesnt show a network module of a switch:

The module that should be displayed is C3KX-NM-1G:

Do you have the same experience or am I missing some packages?

Thanks in advance!

Marek

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

OK. From what you posted it looks like a bug in the CiscoView package as it is obviously not properly retrieving the inventory so that it can properly display the module and associated ports.

I'd recommend opening a TAC case.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Check your CiscoView package updates.

I though support for that network module in the 3560-X has been out for a while (since 4.0) but it's possible you may not have updated your CiscoView packages for a long time.

Also make sure your switch is recognized as having the SNMP OID of 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1227. Sometimes an IOS update can change that and give LMS problems of not correctly recognizing a device.

Oddly when I check the CiscoView updates download site I don't see the 3650 at all - all of the other Cat 3k's yes but not that particular line.

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284259296&flowid=37207&softwareid=282812296&release=DtShare(1.22)&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Hello Marvin,

thank you for your response. The packages that I have installed and also their version is in the attachment.

I checked the SNMP OID and it is 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1227.

I tried IOS 12.2(55) SE2 and IOS 15.0(1) SE3 but the result is the same. 

Thank you.

Marek

OK. From what you posted it looks like a bug in the CiscoView package as it is obviously not properly retrieving the inventory so that it can properly display the module and associated ports.

I'd recommend opening a TAC case.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: