Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2.5 - (HUM) Behavior of Performance-Poller when adding new devices

lo.mueller
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

reading thru the docs I wasn't able to figure out how (HUM)-Performancepollers (e.g. CPU, MEM, TEMP) behave when all devices

are selected as Data Source.

Or:

will (HUM) Data Sources be dynamically updated during device add in LMS-System.

This should be default behavior, to eliminate unnecessary admin-tasks.

Thanks for any feedback

Lothar

3 Replies 3

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Lothar,

It will poll all the interfaces if you have selected the complete device while configuring the poller .

While configuring the Pollers use the Option called “Poll by User Selection >>  Select the instances on which you want to poll the devices” .

Poll by User Selection > will give you the option of selecting on those interface whihc you want to monitor against the Template (cpu , interface availblity etc)

I have attached the screen shot of the same:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4-2/user/guide/lms_monitor/lms_mnt/mnt-perf.html#wp1542387

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi Afroz,

thanks for your reply.

Your explanation describes how interfaces will be handled by HUM, but how

about adding a complete new device into LMS (via DCR) - will this new added device

be automatically added to CPU/MEM/... poller to get performance data from time zero, or

do I have to manually update each poller?

Adding manually would be very bad and not very admin-friendly.

Thanks for your feedback.

Lothar

Hi Lothar,

there are 2 types of poller , one is system defined . In that a new devices will automatically will be be added and polled ,however for a user -defined poller , you need to edit and add the new device.

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: