Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2 - Err-disable port state

Velin Georgiev
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to figure it out how exactly LMS learns about ports in err-disable state? Which MIB or command is used?

I have two ME3400 switches with err-disabled ports but LMS shows only the ports of one of the them. Both switches are ME-3400-24TS-A

and have the same IOS version (12.2(53)SE). I'm sure data collection is running fine because it updates the other discrepancies.

What i have tried by now:

- did an SNMP walk from LMS on CISCO-ERR-DISABLED-MIB - no info found there on port status

- did an SNMP walk from LMS on CISCO-STACK-MIB - I know that this MIB contains object portAdditionalOperStatus (1.3.6.1.4.1.9.5.1.4.1.1.23) which shows the operational status of the ports, but it seems that ME3400 does not support it (although it supports CISCO-STACK-MIB), because I cannot see the SNMP reponse in the trace:

========================================================================

The following is a SNMP walk of device 192.168.6.89 starting from .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.5.1.4.1.1.23

SNMP Walk Output

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CISCO-STACK-MIB::portAdditionalOperStatus = No Such Object available on this agent at this OID

========================================================================

So how does LMS knows which ports are in err-disable state?

Kind regards,

Velin

3 Replies 3

Velin Georgiev
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone?

I am having the same issue on a 3750 switch stack. OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.5.1.4.1.1.23 No Such Object available on this agent at this OID.

EDIT: I should add that I have other OID's querying and reporting correctly to Cacti for this same switch stack.

Hello,

The OID that LMS uses for detecting the err-disabled state of the ports is 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.548.1.3.1.1.2 (cErrDisableIfStatusCause) from CISCO-ERR-DISABLE-MIB 

Velin