Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2 incremental license problem

cminard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I have a problem with incremental licenses.

I currently have LMS 4.2 installed as a virtual appliance with a 300 device license.

Everything is OK, I can see my license (300 permanent) in Admin>System>License Management.

I also have an additional license for 100 more devices, that I tried to install using the GUI (update button).

After that, the GUI showed no more license at all (showing 0 record)???

I tried to restart the application (application stop LMS / application start LMS) and now I can log in but all application report errors (license).

When I list the files on the server (/opt/CSCOpx/etc/licenses), I can see my 2 license files (one for 300 devices, one for 100 devices).

When I stop the server and then keep only the 300 devices license file (by manually removing the 100 devices license file), and restart the server again, every thing gets back OK : I have full access to the server and I can see my 300 device license.

I searched some log and found /opt/CSCOpx/log/conf/license.logConf here after :

more license.logConf

log4j.category.license=error,licenseAppender

log4j.additivity.license=false

log4j.appender.licenseAppender=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender

log4j.appender.licenseAppender.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout

log4j.appender.licenseAppender.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{dd-MMM-yyyy}|%d{HH:mm

:ss.SSS}|%-5p|%c{2}|%t|%m%n

log4j.appender.licenseAppender.MaxFileSize=100KB

log4j.appender.licenseAppender.MaxBackupIndex=2

log4j.appender.licenseAppender.File=/opt/CSCOpx/log/dfmLogs/license/licenseCheck

.log

it seems to me that the my 2 license files are conflicting instead of adding one to the other.

Any help, please ?

2 Replies 2

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

The license file is text. Except for the PAK, what does the lic file contain? Do you see 'INCREMENT'

Anyway you will probably need another license so open a TAC case now.

Cheers,

Michel

Hi Michel

Yes, I can see 'INCREMENT' in my 2 license files.

I opened a TAC case and I will let you know, when I have the solution.

Thanks

Caroline