Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2 new install cs_sm_server.exe process 100% cpu

a.perrichon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have just finished installing LMS 4.2 on a new VM (Windows 2008 R2 Standard Edition SP1). I have already reloaded the server, all LMS services have correctly started. However, the process CS_sm_server.exe still using 100% CPU.

Any ideas ?

Windows 2008 R2 Standard Edition SP1

Regards

6 Replies 6

a.perrichon
Level 1
Level 1

I tried adding a CPU to the VM and I reloaded the server. the CS_sm_server.exe process still using CPU but now it's

about 50% :

Just Saw this new post. It should be fine after some time to calm down. If it doesnt, then it should be an issue, like managing high nbumber of port/inetrfaces on LMS.

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How many devices have you added? This is a executable for the fault management process. Sometimes it may take time to discover all the device and the it may take high cpu.

It could be normal by sometime.

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Hi Vinod,

May be the below command will give the number of ports used by DFM, and can conclude if it has been exceeded the maximum capacity.

NMSROOT/objects/smarts/bin/sm_tpmgr --server=DFM --sizes

regards

Rajesh

a.perrichon
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks everyone for the help.

It's a new install. There is no device in the DCR.

I tried installing LMS 4.2.2, the installation failed because of some files that was still used by a process ... So I cancelled the installation and reloaded the VM.

After that, all the LMS services were correctly started and no more cs_sm_server.exe taking all CPU ??? So, I installed LMS 4.2.2, and the installation was succesfull.

Curious :-)