Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2 on VM problem

KK CHU
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have just finished installing the LMS 4.2 (Fresh Install) on VM ESXi 5.1. I followed the setup guide and that the installation process is finished perfectly. I can not even get into the main page (to type the login credentials) and just only accepting the certificate, then a page was shown with the following,

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Is there any idea that I can get from? Have you ever been experiencing similar problems and is there any solutions? I am stuck at this stage and extremely frustrated because I followed nearly everything according to Cisco's recommendations.

Thanks!

Regards,

KK

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You're welcome.

Please mark your question as answered if the certificate suggestion in the linked thread solved the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have a look at this thread and see if that helps.

By the way, while it shouldn't result in the error you are seeing, ESXi 5.1 is not a supported version for LMS 4.2. Reference.

Dear Marvin,

Thanks for your reply, and I have actually went thru it all.

However, I managed to solve the problems finally with all the certs deleted, manager daemon stopped, SSL disabled and then enabled the SSL again (It will automatically ask you to re-generate the cert with credentials), started the manager daemon and  then I can login and work perfectly.

LMS 4.2 can be hosted on ESXi 5.1.

Thanks all and have a nice day!

KK

You're welcome.

Please mark your question as answered if the certificate suggestion in the linked thread solved the problem.