Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2 user tracking

jaffus.philippe
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a problem with LMS 4.2 user tracking.

When I generate a report on all my network all mac address are ok but there is no Hostname/Ip address in the result, except for 2 equipments.

the only difference between these 2 equipements and the rest of the network is that they are connected on a not routed vlan. All the other phones, computers are connected on a routed vlan.

I have a Nexus 5k as core and 2960 as access. Routing between vlans is done with the Nexus

My DNS server is ok and reachable

Here is a screenshot of the report attached.   

Thanks for your help

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, the Nexus 5000 series has a few issues with LMS (and other things). Among them is the non-support of User Tracking. I'm told it's a MIB variable issue but it's been the case for some time now and remains so with the current LMS release.

Here is the reference from the Supported Devices Table which states in part:

The following features are not supported:

• User Tracking (Nexus 1K, 4K, 5K and 7K with FEX), VLAN Management, VRF Lite, LANE Management
  • Configuration Deploy Protocols: HTTPS, SCP, SSH, RCP
  • Configuration Fetch Protocols: HTTPS, SCP, SSH, RCP
  • Software Distribution by: Advanced flow, Image, Remote Staging
  • Software Repository Synchronization
  • CiscoView - [1.3.6.1.4.1.9.12.3.1.3.840, 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.12.3.1.3.903, 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.12.3.1.3.907, 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.12.3.1.3.930]

Hi

Take a look on this thread:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3408588#3408588

There are some Nexus software releases that support user tracking with restrictions.

Does also need to have special credentials.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: