Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2 - what is pari.log?

milos_vasek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have Cisco Prime LMS 4.2 Soft Appliance and we are looking for more detail about file:

/opt/CSCOpx/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/compliancemgr/compliance/bin/pari.log

The main reason why we would like to know it is that we started with migration from LMS 3.2.1 to LMS 4.2. The new LMS performed command “debug ip scp” in all devices. But we didn’t configure any job to do it. We try to explain this behavior. We found detail information about configuration changes only in pari.log file (and in TACACS+ ).

Thanks and BR.

Milos

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Pari was an acquisition Cisco did a while back in the configuration compliance space.  We integrated the Pari engine into LMS 4.2 to do the standards config complaince and enhanced PSIRT and EoX reporting features.

The fact that Config Compliance is enabling "deug ip scp" is bug CSCua00740, and it will be fixed in the upcoming LMS 4.2.1 release (should be out this week or next).

Hi Joseph,

Big Thanks for your clarification!

BR

Milos

Hello Joseph,

is the CSCua00740 bug fixed already in LMS 4.2.1 or 4.2.2?

Best regards,

Leszek

This got fixed in LMS 4.2.1.

Hello Joseph,

thank you for this information.

Best regards,

Leszek

Hello Joseph,

This file is really huge on my server. Can I just remove it without any consequence? Will Cisco Prime create the new one.

Regards,

Jakub

You should never delete LMS log files.  You can configure log rotation in /opt/CSCOpx/objects/logrot or simply shutdown dmgtd and delete the contents of the log file (on UNIX, this can be done with cat /dev/null > pari.log).

I am using windows for LMS.

Could you please confirm following actions to do:

1. shutdown dmgtd - net stop crmdmgtd

2. Delete the contents of the pari.log by replace this file with the new empty file.

3. start dmgtd - net start crmdmgtd

Regards,

Jakub

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: