i have added the devices which is not discovered by LMS 4.2 manualy
however it seems unconnected according the physical topolgy eventhough it has
snmp community configured , how to add the connection from this device
according to physical connectivity of the device
Is the device a CDP neighbor with other devices in your connected topology?
It needs to be for topology to know to show the devices as connected. You cannot override what the discovery process determines the connections to be.
Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App
When looking at the devices from one another and using "show cdp neighbor detail" do they each show a management IP address that matches how they are known to LMS?
1)you know my freind , in our topology we dont have dediacated Mngmt IP for each device we rely on the ip discovered by LMS
2)what is ur recomendation in this regard
3)how LMS works with SNMP
Can you ensure that cdp run is enabled on all devices? Also on the uplink interfaces ensure that cdp enable is "enabled"
Also run a DCR verification and see if you get any errors.
Please refer to page 8 of the LMS 4.1 (not just) for Dummies document, excerpted here:
Validate the device credentials
1. Go to Inventory > Job Browsers > Device Credentials Verification
2. Click Create
3. Check the “All Devices” box
4. Check the “SNMP Read Community String” and “SNMP Read Write Community String” boxes or the SNMPv3 box.
5. Check the “Telnet/SSH” and “Telnet/SSH Enable Mode User Name and Password” boxes.
6. Uncheck the “Report type” box.
7. Enter a Job Description and submit.
8. Refresh the page until the job finishes.
9. Click on the job id.
10. All the devices should be listed as “Successful Devices”.
This procedure is also covered in the product documentation here.