cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS add events?

randomjoe1
Level 1
Level 1

So recently we've had some 3750 controller failures.  to be exact, today's issue is:

Nov  1 10:31:39: %ILPOWER-3-CONTROLLER_ERR: Controller error, Controller number 8: accessing failed

So I was thinking of how I could send out alerts on LMS.  Keep in mind - when a controller goes bad, that log is generated every minute - I really dont want 600 pages before the issue's resolved (if I were to use " automated syslog action" notifications)

looking at the switch on LMS - it shows no events/alerts  - so that issue is not part of any event set.

My question is - could I create user-defined events/event sets, or is there any other way of LMS paging once when it receives the first syslog, then a resolution alert when the issues fixed?

details:

lms 4.1 - soft appliance

syslogs and traps are being sent from switch to lms server

LMS did indeed receive the controller logs

switch with issue is one WS-C3750-48P out of a stack of 4 WS-C3750-48P's

1 Reply 1

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

You want to create a raise and clear for this type of event but there is only a syslog that can raise.

So it can't be done like that

All you can do is create an automated action that does something when this syslog appears

Cheers,

Michel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: