Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS alert // EVENT DESCRIPTION = OperationallyDown

aabdulma86
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

We have a Nexus 5k and several FEX switches (Nexus 2k) in our network. For the past 6 months or so, we are seeing this event on the LMS repeating for different FEX switches:

EVENT ID                = 0000ZY2
TIME                = Wed 22-Apr-2015 19:56:42 EET ; 
STATUS                = Cleared ; 
SEVERITY                = Informational ; 
MANAGED OBJECT                 = <IP Address> ; 
MANAGED OBJECT TYPE                = Switches and Hubs ; 
EVENT DESCRIPTION                 = OperationallyDown::Component=CARD-<IP Address> [Fex-107 Fabric Extender Module: 24x1GE, 2x10GE in FixedModule-1/107000022-Fex-107 Fabric Extender Module: 24x1GE, 2x10GE in FixedModule-1];ComponentClass=Card;ComponentEventCode=1073;SerialNumb ; 

NOTIFICATION ORIGINATOR = Fault Management Module

When I check the FEX switch I see it is up and running fine and I don't see any problems in its operation or the FEX going down. So it seems that these events are false somehow or maybe I'm missing something here.

Does anybody know why these events are seen? What can we do to fix this issue?

Thanks for the help!

2 Replies 2

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am also suspecting these are the false alarm

try deleting and re-adding one device and observer the issue

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks for the answer :)

The thing is that this event happened like 5-6 times before and each time on a different FEX and it goes away on its own. When we check the FEX that this event reported, we don't see any problems in it and the servers connected to it are up and running fine.

So even if I delete and re-add the FEX switches to LMS, this will not necessarily solve the issue because it may happen again randomly on one of them after some time.

Could it be that this is happening because of a bug? Or maybe I need to tweak something in LMS?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: