Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS Dashboard - Embedded vs URL

john_capobianco
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings!

I am able to add URL Dashboards - however I would like to Embed and not navigate away from my LMS. I have 2 URLs I would like to embedd - however when I embed them they appear to use the short URL.

Meaning if I use EMBEDDED type the link takes me to https://<ciscoworksserver>/cwportal/group/lms and not my external URL

If I use URL type the link works but navigates my browser away from Ciscoworks

Do I need to put a shortcut inside the group/lms folder for embedded type to work? I would really like my MRTG and Whats Up URLs to be embedded inside my Ciscoworks vs having to navigate away.

(It would be nice for URL type if the link used target="_blank" and spawned a new tab / session instead of taking me out of LMS)

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I'm saying add a new IFrame portlet to one of your dashboards, and in the configuration for the IFrame, put the link to your MRTG graph.  You can embed multiple IFrames in a dashboard.  The advantage of this is that the MRTG graphs can appear directly in the LMS dashboard.  No additional clicks would be necessary.  The IFrame portlet can be found under the Miscellaneous portlet list when you click the "Add Portlet" button.  See this example.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of LMS do you have?  If you're using 3.x or 4.x, you can use IFrame portlets to embed your MRTG directly into the LMS dashboards/portals.

I am running 4.0.1 - when I select EMBEDDED instead of URL it doesn't work - are you suggesting there is another way instead of EMBEDDING?

TAC is helping me and is unable to recreate the issue

John

I'm saying add a new IFrame portlet to one of your dashboards, and in the configuration for the IFrame, put the link to your MRTG graph.  You can embed multiple IFrames in a dashboard.  The advantage of this is that the MRTG graphs can appear directly in the LMS dashboard.  No additional clicks would be necessary.  The IFrame portlet can be found under the Miscellaneous portlet list when you click the "Add Portlet" button.  See this example.

Now THIS I like! I can have all my graphs inline - amazing implementation thanks for the tip!

john_capobianco
Level 1
Level 1

The resolution is to use Firefox or Chrome - it works - it does NOT work in Internet Explorer 8.