cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS - Promote Slave to a Master

tadams7541
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to promote a Ciscoworks slave to a master? I know that the slaves have a copy of the DCR so it seems that you should be able to turn it into a Master without losing any data. I'm asking this because I'm curious about what would happen in a scenario where your master server died and you needed to change credentials or do something else that requires using the master. Thanks for any information you might have!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can promote a slave to a master under Common Services > Device and Credentials > Admin > Mode Settings.  However, when you do this, the applications will refresh their devices (and you will lose all currently collected data).

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can promote a slave to a master under Common Services > Device and Credentials > Admin > Mode Settings.  However, when you do this, the applications will refresh their devices (and you will lose all currently collected data).

Thanks so much for the info!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: