Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS vs Diagnostics Events

aluquenator
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to get, using the LMS, the information when have a problem or other message in a diagnostic event (similar a show diagnostic events in Cisco 6500); sending to me an e-mail.

I am trying with an automated actions of syslog, but i had showed that "when the diagnostic event have obtained a error, minor error or similar the syslog messages don't report me anything".

How can i do?

I am using LMS 3.2 over Cisco 6500.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Derek Clothier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

All that the syslog automated action has to work with is the text of the syslog message.  If you want to collect more detailed information from the switch when certain syslog messages are received, you would need to configure a script based automated action.  The script you write would need to have passed to it the hostname / ip address of the device, and then the script could :

* telnet/ssh to the device

* Execute required commands on the switch

* Capture the output from the commands to a file

* EMail you the file.

Regards

Derek Clothier

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Derek Clothier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

All that the syslog automated action has to work with is the text of the syslog message.  If you want to collect more detailed information from the switch when certain syslog messages are received, you would need to configure a script based automated action.  The script you write would need to have passed to it the hostname / ip address of the device, and then the script could :

* telnet/ssh to the device

* Execute required commands on the switch

* Capture the output from the commands to a file

* EMail you the file.

Regards

Derek Clothier

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: