cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS2.6 Config archive problem (partial fail)

HOLGER ALIX
Level 1
Level 1

Hello !

I found following problem with a LMS2.5.1 installation (and also after upgading to 2.6):

RME is not able to backup the Configurations of some of my devices (19 out of more than 100)

The backup of VLAN.dat and/or Running-config fails.

We have checked the Filesystem / device credentials as mentioned in the documentation already.

We still see messages as in the example below:

Resource Manager Essentials

Partially Successful Devices as on Dec 12 2006 13:57:55

Device Name Config Type File Type Accessed at Description

202a0s06 PRIMARY RUNNING Dec 08 2006 15:18:58 CM0002: Could not archive config Cause: Device may not be reachable, may be in suspended state or credentials may be incorrect. Action: Verify that device is managed, credentials are correct and file system has correct permissions. Increase timeout value, if required.

202a0s06 PRIMARY STARTUP Dec 08 2006 15:18:34 Successful

202a0s06 VLAN RUNNING Dec 08 2006 15:19:14 Successful

204b1s06 PRIMARY STARTUP Dec 08 2006 15:19:46 Successful

204b1s06 PRIMARY RUNNING Dec 08 2006 15:20:08 CM0002: Could not archive config Cause: Device may not be reachable, may be in suspended state or credentials may be incorrect. Action: Verify that device is managed, credentials are correct and file system has correct permissions. Increase timeout value, if required.

204b1s06 VLAN RUNNING Dec 08 2006 15:20:27 CM0012: Unable to create new version on archive $1 Action: Check if disk space is available and directory has required permissions

Any ideas about this ?

Thanks for any help !

Regards,

Holger

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, I currently operate with an active inventory of 3,300+ devices so I believe I can comment with a bit of authority. Its a rare bug that results from the fix for bug CSCse52700 that I have run into. I maintain two physically and georgraphically redundant clusters of Ciscoworks LMS 2.6 servers one of which was impacted by this bug the other was not. If you look in the IC_Server.log file for the config collection failure on a particular device you'll see a "multiple key field" error message associated with it if indeed its this problem. There is a DBRecords.class file that needs to be replaced which you can get from support that will fix things right up.

T-Mobile USA

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you delete this device from the RME inventory and add it again do you still see the same errors? I would suspect that the errors will go away if you do this.

Hi,

my customer have treid this, after rediscovery most devices are succsessfully.

But for some he have to delete & recover again to be able to backup the config.

Have someone experience with LMS2.6 and more the 150 devices (my other customers use LMS2.5.1 and 200 and more without this problems)

Regards,

Holger

Yes, I currently operate with an active inventory of 3,300+ devices so I believe I can comment with a bit of authority. Its a rare bug that results from the fix for bug CSCse52700 that I have run into. I maintain two physically and georgraphically redundant clusters of Ciscoworks LMS 2.6 servers one of which was impacted by this bug the other was not. If you look in the IC_Server.log file for the config collection failure on a particular device you'll see a "multiple key field" error message associated with it if indeed its this problem. There is a DBRecords.class file that needs to be replaced which you can get from support that will fix things right up.

T-Mobile USA

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: