Helpful
Replies

LMS2.6 user tracking problem !

m.hedayati
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all ,

About Net :

There are more than 70, 2960 switches(access level) , and more than 30, 3750 (Dist level) ,and One 6509 as a core ,

Each 3750 ,is in one Vlan , and several 2960s are connected to a 3750 using trunk port ,(ip routing is enabled on each 3750),

Between 3750s and 6509 , EIGRP is used ,

Now using ciscoworks(LMS 2.6),It can discover all switches in the network ,but user tracking discoved users that connected to 3750 ports,and no users on 2960s are discovered,

What is the problem?How it will be solved?

Any help will be appreciated ,

Mike

19 Replies 19

A static snapshot of "show snmp" is not useful as it's impossible to know what is incrementing. However, it could be that the switch thinks $nmp@32 is an unknown community string. I can't reproduce locally. That string works on my switches. You might try rebooting the switch, or temporarily configure a different community string without the '$' and see if you can walk the same object with the @32.

Thank you for your fast reply,

Did you see the message that I posted it on Jul 31, 2007, 4:20am PST ?

In that output, I see you're using the community string "$snmp" where as you have been using "$nmp" in all of the posts in this thread. Make sure your community string in DCR agrees with that is configured on the device. The device has "$nmp" (i.e. no 's').

On that switch ,I was set ,$snmp as community,

I'll set new community without $ on a 2960 and restart UT and will send you the result ,

I hope the problem is solved ,

Regards , Mike

Dear Clarke ,

At first ,Thank you very much for your time,

It seems te be BUG of ciscoworks;

I defined SNMP community with $ and @(example SNMP-SERVER COMMUNITY @t$nmp RO )

In this case , UT can't fetch users on 2960s VLANs!!

When I created new community without $ and @ ,it correctly worked ,

Is there any documents about relation between char-sets of SNMP community and CISCOWORKS ?

Thanx again , Mike

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card