cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS3.1 Subnet Report

simon.bell
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to run a report that would generate subnet's discovered and cross reference that either the VTP domain or switch cloud? I'm assuming the application that would be able to generate such a report would be Campus Manager, but I can't figure out a way to build such a report.

TIA

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately, no. I have been struggling with this myself, lately. The subnet mapping code is a bit problematic right now. I'm working on that, but even when I fix it, it will only be used internally for subnet-based acquisitions in User Tracking. I know of no plans to expose this data via a report, but I certainly do see some value there.

As a workaround, if you're so inclined, you can build this data yourself using the XML files created by Data Collection. The vlanData.xmll and RouterData.xml files under NMSROOT/campus/etc/cwsi can be used to map subnet (RouterData.xml) to VTP domain (vlanData.xml).

For example, take a subnet from RouterData.xml, and get the associated VLAN (yes, the VTP Domain is listed there, but that may not be complete). Take that VLAN and that VTP domain, and search through vlanData.xml for VTP domain entries which start with the domain name, and which contain the VLAN. The reason you may see multiple VTP domain entries in vlanData.xml is that transparent and VTPv3 client domains are treated as separate domains internally.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: