cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

(lms3.2) Devices discovered but unreachable?

I recently installed lms3.2 to a newly installed cisco network.  When I run device discovery, all my cisco devices are displayed as unreachable.  What could be causing this issue?

Thanks in advance

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure you have configured the correct SNMP credentials within Discovery Settings.  If you are using a mix of SNMPv3 and v3c/v1, make sure you have configured fallback (if appropriate).  Check the devices' configurations, and make sure the LMS server is allowed to poll the devices with SNMP.

Thanks for the reply,

I checked the snmp credentials and they match on both the lms platform and the switches.  I could view and configure any devices in the chassis view. 

Okay, I re-discovered my core router successfully, and the device as been added to RME devices.  But, sys inventory polling and collection jobs are failing, what could cause this issue?

Rod

Post the IC_Server.log.

Where do I find the log files?

NMSROOT/log where NMSROOT is the path into which LMS was installed.

I can't find that directory, could I find it through the portal?

Quick question:  Is there a way to input an ip address range in the snmpv3 target text box under device discovery?

Yes, you can put wildcards or ranges in the Target field for SNMP settings.  See the context-sensitive online help when adding a new target for the syntax.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco