cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS3.2 User Tracking IP Phones Discovery Doesn't Work

ROBERT THOMSON
Level 1
Level 1

I am having difficulty getting the User tracking for IP Phones to work correctly in Ciscoworks LMS 3.2.

Callmanager is version 7.1.5.10000-12.  Campus manager version is 5.2.1

• The Callmanager publisher and two subscribers are all showing as application servers with green icons under the topology services view.
  • The callmanagers show as CDP neighbours on the switches to which they are connected.
  • I can do an SNMP walk of the ccmPhoneTable from the Ciscoworks devicecenter and get a ton of returned data.
  • The IP phones are discovered as end hosts and have mac address and IP address info when checked in the User Tracking utility.
  • Callmanager sysObjectID = OID: CISCO-PRODUCTS-MIB::ciscoMCS7835I

Any help you could give with troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Rob

5 Replies 5

ngoldwat
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Here is a link to the troubleshooting steps for UT and IP Phones:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/cscowork/ps563/products_tech_note09186a0080094949.shtml#ts2d

Let me know if that helps or if you find yourself not making any progress.

Thanks,

Nick

Thanks Nick,

I had seen that document and been through the processes

• The mac and IP addresses of the ip phone are discovered.
  • The callmanagers are discovered and have green application server icons in the topolgy view
  • I can do an snmpwalk of the ccmPhoneTable OID and get returned data (as per this post by JClarke https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/664859#664859)
  • I can't do an snmpwalk of the ccmPhoneExtension as described in that document but I assume that since it applies to campus manager 3.2 and 3.3 that it is a bit dated and not relevant to later versions of callmanager.

I think that I have covered all the basic cdp/snmp and discovery issues.  Any suggestions on where to go from here would be appreciated.

Regards

Rob

Does 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.156.1.2.1 return any data? And could you verify that the  SNMP service is enabled? (Control Center > Feature Services > Performance Monitoring Services > Cisco Call Managers SNMP Service > Tools > Service Activation

Nick

Our telecommunications guys have verified that the SNMP service is enabled on the subscribers and publisher

An snmpwalk of 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.156.1.2.1 (ccmPhoneTable) returns results on all three callmanager nodes.

Regards

Rob

And new phone data is now available in user tracker. It apparently was acquired three and a half hours ago, before I asked the telecommunications guys to check the snmp service so I don't think I can blame it on them just turning it on.

I did reboot the LMS server yesterday before I went home, but apart from that nothing has changed.

It's a little bit disturbing not finding the cause, but a happy ending just the same.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco