cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Location of Licenses on Cisco Prime? (CLI/Shell)

Matthias.G
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

a Cisco PI (3.7) VM does not succeed in starting the NCS anymore, although it was previously shut down gracefully. The problem is that I would've liked to verify that all licenses that were on this PI are also present in a new Prime (3.10) VM. (It had a backup from the 3.7 Prime installed and is working fine)

Anyway, the GUI is now unavailable to me so maybe the Licenses can be obtained from the bricked prime's linux shell? Of course there may be a way to un-brick the NCS as well ^^

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- As far as I know the licenses are kept in the Prime database , you will not be able to see or recover them in a shell , as far as your current problem is concerned , check the boot process when the VM starts , look for errors if any , when VM is up and running , check status of Cisco Prime with the command : ncs status.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- As far as I know the licenses are kept in the Prime database , you will not be able to see or recover them in a shell , as far as your current problem is concerned , check the boot process when the VM starts , look for errors if any , when VM is up and running , check status of Cisco Prime with the command : ncs status.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thanks, the ncs status command shows that the processes are not currently running. NCS start does not show any progress even after 30 minutes. I will try to reboot the VM and give it another shot. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: