Views
Helpful
Replies

Logfile rmeextn_ctm.log in CiscoWorks2000

ROBERT KELLER
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Does anyone know, what the logfile „rmeextn_ctm.log” is for and how to configure the logging

to it? This file is filling up with over 30’000 DEBUG messages every day. If I compare logtimes

with times of running jobs, it looks like “Inventory Collection” and “Archive Poller”

are responsible for these messages.
I found several locations where we can configure log-levels or enable/disable logging. But

none of these possibilities helped us to get rid of the DEBUG’s in „rmeextn_ctm.log”.

We are using CiscoWorks2000 with LMS 3.2 and RME 4.3.1 on Solaris.

Thank's for Help

5 Replies 5

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8798

Check out the spreadsheet for your version of LMS to see what procces writes in the logfile

Also I think there is a reset button to put all logging to their default values.

Cheers,

Michel

I checked all the GUI-possibilities as well as the properties-files mentioned in the spreadsheet. There

is nowhere a log-level of DEBUG configured. And a grep through all the properties-files showed me

no sign of a logfile called “rmeextn_ctm.log”.

I think the process that is generating the logs is CTMJrmServer

You can temporary stop the process to see if it stops the log file from growing

You should have similar Reset button in your version of windows.

Cheers,

Michel

We have not tried to stop CTMJrmServer, as we are not sure about unwanted side effects.

What we tried is: Configuring the log-level for CTMJrmServer to DEBUG. Then we see, as expected, in different log-files DEBUG Messages.  After configuring back to log-level ERROR, messages in the other log-files have gone, just rmeextn_ctm.log is still receiving them.

Resetting the whole log-level settings to its defaults, doesn’t change anything.

As this writing of DEBUG messages has no (at least no known) impact on the functionality, we are giving up the search and hope this “problem” has been solved in the next release.

Thanks anyway

Robert

have a look at the value of "Category.RMEExtnCTMOperations.LogLevel=" in this config file:

NMSROOT\MDC\tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\classes\com\cisco\nm\rmeng\rmextn\util\logger\rmeextnlog.cfg

this is the content of the file on my LMS 4.0 test installation:

=============

Configured from RME

#Thu Feb 05 18:23:55 IST 2004

Apps=RMEExtnCTMOperations

RMEExtnCTMOperations.Categories=RMEExtnCTMOperations

Category.RMEExtnCTMOperations.DisplayName=CSTM Operations in RME Extended API

Category.RMEExtnCTMOperations.LogLevel=INFO

ServiceCategories=

CTMLogSize=10000KB

=================