Views
Helpful
Replies

Login on-success/failure log trap not working

Tony T.
Level 1
Level 1

Hello-

I'm wondering if anyone could assist me with figuring out why I'm not seeing any login on-success or on-failure alerts on the NNM? I have the following router:

Cisco 2951

Version 15.1(4)M9

The configuration is as follows:

login on-success log

login on-failure log

logging history notifications

logging traps notifications

snmp-server enable traps syslog

I'm not sure what else is needed, I thought this would be a simple configuration. Any assistance in this matter would be appreciated.

Tony

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tony T.
Level 1
Level 1

After logging into the syslog server I noticed I was seeing logs pop up when logging into a router that had the login on-success / failure command. So, this is working. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hello

show logging?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Paul-

Thanks for replying, and I apologize for not being clear enough on my issue. Basically, I added configurations to my router to track login failure and success. Now I need those logs to be sent to my syslog server. However, I'm noticing nothing is being sent to the remote syslog server on the NNM tool.

Thanks again,

Tony

Tony T.
Level 1
Level 1

After logging into the syslog server I noticed I was seeing logs pop up when logging into a router that had the login on-success / failure command. So, this is working. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card