cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

looking for a tool to verify a router serial number?

andrew.webster
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I'm looking for a tool that I can input a chassis serial number and have cisco tell me whether that serial number is valid or invalid?

We have lots of 2600s which return invalid serial numbers via snmp or command line. It would be nice to have an authoritative way to determine whether the serial number is valid.

thanks,

Andy

3 Replies 3

shivlu jain
Level 5
Level 5

you need to provide the serial number to cisco account manager then they will revert you back whether it is there in the data base or not.

regards

shivlu jain

hi Shivlu,

we have about 200 2600s that came from the factory with the proper serial number listed on the chassis but the improper chassis serial number is returned by a 'sh version'. Unfortunately we didn't find out about this until all the routers were in service!

Our problem is that we have many more 2600s in service whose serial numbers are correct. We're looking for an automatic way to verify that the serial number is valid or invalid.

I suppose we could just get a large list of all 2600 chassis serial numbers and pass that list to our account manager to have them verify each and every serial number. I was really hoping that cisco would have some kind of online process or tool we can use ourselves to determine if the serial number is valid.

thanks,

Andy

Hi,

My idea is to query via snmp and appending the results to a txt file.

From there you can export it to an excel file and forward it to your account manager for check.

Cheers !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: