cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking for syntax using the cmexport command -

getwithrob
Level 3
Level 3

I've been tasked with figuring out how to use this command. I see what the options are by running the command with -help but don't fully understand how to use the different options.

Can anyone help me see the light?

2 Replies 2

getwithrob
Level 3
Level 3

The cmexport command allows one to be able to extract data from the campus manager tool. A lot of detailed information like user tracking, etc exist in the campus manager database. Getting this information from the GUI is weak at best.

User tracking data, discrepancy and Layer 2 topology data can be extracted from campus manager using the data extraction engine. The command is cmexport for Campus manager and cwexport for RME.

Here are a few examples for using the cmexport command.

cmexport ut -u {id} -p {password} -host

cmexport discrepancy -u {id} -p {password} -host

cmexport l2topology -u {id} -p {password} -host

The purpose of what I was trying to achieve in the messages above was to be able to quickly search the User Tracking database to see what switch and what switch port any particular MAC or IP was connected to without having to login into the application, wait for the database to load and then perform a simple query.

I was made aware today through Cisco TAC of a new utility that installs on a PC that is used to query the User Tracking database for information like this.

Go to http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cw2000-campus and download CiscoWorksUserTrackingUtility1.1.exe

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card