cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LSM 3.0 and DFM stuck in learning at 10%

mrguitar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, I have an issue with a new LMS install in which DFM attempts to import devices from the DCR and stays in a 10% learning state. I have waited over an hour now and no change.

I have already done some research on this site, and verified the name is resolving correctly. I have also tried to determine if there is another listener on UDP 162, because this server has WhatsUpGold installed as well (although I have stopped all the services). Among other things, I have rebooted once, as well.

HEre is my DFM.log. I don't know if there is actually an authentication error, but if there was, not sure how to go about resolving it.

Thanks, urgently.

Ed

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Exactly what version of DFM do you have?

version 3.0?

Device Fault Manager 3.0.0 08 Aug 2009, 13:59:50 MDT

That's the problem. There is a known bug prior to DFM 3.0.3 where DFM does not work properly on Windows. You should upgrade to DFM 3.0.5. But first, you'll need to upgrade to LMS 3.0.1 from http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/lms301 . Then, you can upgrade to DFM 3.0.5 from the Common Services Software Center. Once on 3.0.5 this problem should just go away.

Thank you! I will try it out ASAP and get back to you with the results--don't go to bed yet! ;)

I am currently in the process of installing DFM 3.0.4. No matter how many times I download DFM 3.0.5, it says it's corrupted. I think something is wrong with the Cisco site's file?

Will 3.0.4 fix me, in the meantime?

It works! Shaweeet. thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco