Views
Helpful
Replies

Management VLAN problem between c4506 & c6509

zeremy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with getting our c4506 management vlan to work. Basically, I need to conigure management vlan on the c4506 for our Cisco ACS deployment next month. It is a common deployment/configuration but this time I can't get it to work!

I've read through cisco docs and forums but with no luck. I suspect our c6509 core switch complex configuration might cause management vlan 1 on our c4506 not accessible. We have fwsm, ssl, csm integration on our c6509.

I've attached both config and I hope somebody can have a look and help me out here.

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

The Catalyst 6500/6000, Catalyst 4500/4000, and 3550/3750 series switches running Cisco IOS Software are switch routers or L3 switches, and can use any interface for management. The management interface can be configured as a logical interface like a loopback interface, as an L2 access port in a management VLAN, or as an L3 interface with an IP address the same way you would configure it on any Cisco router.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a008010e9ca.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: