cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MIB Object for CAS channel usage

Leonlei
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to set up HP-OV to monitor and report the usage of CAS T1 on an 3725 voice gateway. I selected Object cmpCASCfgBChanInUseForVoice in CISCO-POP-MGMT-MIB, which represents the number of configured CAS channels that are currently occupied by voice call. But I always get value 0 in the report. Maybe I am not using the correct Objecter? Does any have idea which object is proper?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

steve.busby
Level 5
Level 5

Here's a link that explains the CISCO-POP-MGMT-MIB, about halfway down is note for the 36xx & 37xx series routers, it states this MIB is only supported on these platforms with Digital Modem Network Modules.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_tech_note09186a00801abe59.shtml

You can do an snmpwalk to verify whether it's supported:

#snmpwalk -c public a.b.c.d cmpCASCfgBChanInUseForVoice

If it returns something like this:

CISCO-POP-MGMT-MIB::cmpCASCfgBChanInUseForVoice.0 = Guage32: #

then you need to specify the instance number.

HTH

Steve

Thanks Steve.

I ran snmpwalk and get

CISCO-POP-MGMT-MIB::cmpCASCfgBChanInUseForVoice.0 = Guage32: 0. Actually I have specified instance number as 0.

So this object seems to be valid, however it is empty bacause there is no DMNM on that router. As result, there is actual data will be gathered. Am I right?

Yes, you're correct.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: