cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MIB removal and location in CLI (prime 3.8)

Ditter
Level 3
Level 3

Hi to All,

i got some MIBs in Prime (for UPS monitoring) , however something was wrong and when polling the UPS from within prime with this specific MIB i got the message "no data is available".

When polling from another MIB browser software, this specific value returns OK, but from prime i get the message "no data is available".

Now i need to remove them from the system , can i do this through the CLI and if yes how?

Thanks,

Ditter.

12 Replies 12

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can override with MIB or you can select using MIB to poll the devices.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-0/user/guide/pi_ug/mon-pol-thresh.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Ditter
Level 3
Level 3

Thanks, found some MIBs in txt extension in /usr/share/snmp/mibs  but none of the ones i added through Prime GUI.

So, is there any path i failed to search in the server? 

Ditter.

One more location is the /usr/share/mibs.

Does anyone know how to remove third party MIBs added to PRIME via the gui?

i tried some time back you can use other MIB supported one ?

BB

Ditter
Level 3
Level 3

Update: Had to stop ncs in order for the MIBs showing to the GUI to disappear. After all they were ghosts and actually not present in Prime.  Then i reloaded a basic UPS-MIB and now the UPS devices started to respond to polls.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Glad all working as expected, can we mark as resolved.

BB

Ditter
Level 3
Level 3

Yes, it is resolved.

Thanks.

Hello,

did you ever actually get Prime to receive those traps ? I think that was the original problem...

Hi Georg, from my point of view Prime is very picky in the way it imports  MIBs.

And as i mentioned during my first attempt , the MIBs seemed to be in the GUI but in fact they weren't although they seemed to be there.  An ncs stop and start resolved this issue. The other problem was that if there is a slightest difference between the name in the definition section of the MIB and the actual MIB name , it fails to import although the MIBs seet to get into the system  (probably this is true for most NMS but i had to find it out in the hard way).  The problem is the third party MIB providers do not seem to be that "detailed" as in my case.

By the way, do you have any idea how can i set a threshold on a third party MIB, for example UPS Battery Level, in order to send an email in these cases?  For example Cisco has such thresholds for given parameter monitoring (for example temperature, cpu , memory) but can somebody do something similar either with third party MIBs or othe cicso MIB values?

Thanks again,

Ditter.

Hello,

as far as I can tell, Prime is set up to configure thresholds for Cisco devices, I am not sure you can set them for third party devices. 

In the link below, when you finish the basic monitoring template, I think that is as far as you can go...

http://www.jaringankita.com/blog/defining-thresholds-cisco-prime-infrastructure

Thanks Georg, agree , seems that not to much can be manipulated.

Ditter.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

thank you input, mark as solution will help other members to use this thread in case they have same issue.

BB