Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrate Cisco NCS Prime ver 1.1.1.24 to 2.0 or 3.0

rgutierrez15
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone

I need migrate version 1.1.1.24 in Cisco NCS Prime to ver. 2.0 or 3.0 and i am newbie with Prime

I found some docs about that migration and i am not sure about if I need a License to performe the upgrade and/or Calculate the time to invest in that Job.

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks in Advance

Cheers!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ditto to what Leo said on the export of data and maps. While it is possible to do a multi-step upgrade, you'd have to spin multiple PI 1.x and 2.x images to move the complete backup from product to product and version to version. 

As far as licensing, customers with valid services contract on earlier versions of Prime Infrastructure - e.g., PI 2.x, 1.x, NCS 1.x etc., can upgrade to PI 3.x at no additional cost.

Here's a table summarizing the various scenarios (open in new tab to zoom):

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Upgrading NCS license to PI 3.0 license should be straight-forward.  

However, the most effective way to upgrade the application is to spin up a VM and install 3.0.  Export all your data and maps from NCS and then recover in PI.   

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ditto to what Leo said on the export of data and maps. While it is possible to do a multi-step upgrade, you'd have to spin multiple PI 1.x and 2.x images to move the complete backup from product to product and version to version. 

As far as licensing, customers with valid services contract on earlier versions of Prime Infrastructure - e.g., PI 2.x, 1.x, NCS 1.x etc., can upgrade to PI 3.x at no additional cost.

Here's a table summarizing the various scenarios (open in new tab to zoom):

rgutierrez15
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Marvin, Leo.

I will proceed with a multi-step upgrade