cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating config from 5510 8.2.3 to 5516X w/Firepower 9.8

CAR IT
Level 1
Level 1

Just received the firewalls, and I've been researching this issue for a long time, due to the conversion of NAT and access-rules. However, we do run 5515s with 9.x, so I'm familiar with the rules.

Besides those obvious translation items, and interface names, what other things should I be aware of? We do run Anyconnect, do I need to pull anything off flash? I realize I probably can't just copy/paste the old config in the new cli...but...what would happen if I do? It's not in production, can I take a stab at it and do any configuration fixes on the fly, or is that not recommended...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Diana Karolina Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello! 

I thing you can upgrade your 5510 device to a higher version, the rules change from 8.2 to 8.3 so If you do this over the same device the rules will change automatically and you don't need to do many things when you do the migration to the 5516X device, but If you can't do that I strongly suggest you to read the Marvin recommendations in the next link:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/firewalls/asa-5510-ver-8-2-to-asa-5516-x-ver-9-6-migration/td-p/3219284

Please do not forget to rate useful post.

Good luck with the migration!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Diana Karolina Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello! 

I thing you can upgrade your 5510 device to a higher version, the rules change from 8.2 to 8.3 so If you do this over the same device the rules will change automatically and you don't need to do many things when you do the migration to the 5516X device, but If you can't do that I strongly suggest you to read the Marvin recommendations in the next link:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/firewalls/asa-5510-ver-8-2-to-asa-5516-x-ver-9-6-migration/td-p/3219284

Please do not forget to rate useful post.

Good luck with the migration!

Sorry for the late reply, but thank you, that was helpful! We're doing it tonight!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: