Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitoring APIC-EM from SolarWinds

Every document I found only refers to the SNMP changes needed on nodes for APIC-EM to discover them. What about monitoring the APIC-EM servers themselves from Orion or even Prime. How can I configure local SNMP server entries for SNMPv2 or v3 to allow OTHER tools to monitor and alert on APIC-EM server health? I know that under settings is an SNMP config field that you would think is what you need, but this is only to configure discovery SNMP credentials. What about treating the APIC-EM server as a node? I can monitor my PI from Orion and I have SNMP server and communities configured, but how do I configure that on an APIC-EM server?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Hi,

SNMP has public directory that allows anyone monitor CPU, interfaces etc. Usually you can use any network management software to monitor those basic informations.

However, when it comes to nice stuff it is not that simple. We can say that there are hidden SNMP directories. For exame, let's say you try to monitor a WLC using Orion. Probably you'll not get all the information that you get when use Prime even those when you get the whole WLC MIB. There will be always some OID that does not work.

Didn't try SNMP with APIC-EM yet but I wouldn't expect too much with third-party tools.