cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitoring Detailed Info from Edge Interfaces

John Aberasturi
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to see the I/O of device interfaces in a Kibana dashboard.  Example, the 1 minute summary from a show int gi0/1 on a router.  I want to get that data to my Elasticstack, but I'm not sure how to do it.  I am not sure that SNMP will do it and it looks like Netflow could have the answer, but I am not seeing it. Could someone give me some insight? My goal is to have a vertical dashboard  showing my sites and the I/O of the router interface compared to the circuit bandwidth. Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Try this:

1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.5 - An estimate of the interface's current bandwidth in bits per second.

- The number of packets, delivered by this sub-layer to a higher

1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.11 - if in ucast pkts

1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.17 - if out ucast pkts

Frequency and update you need to control on your NMS. 

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hello @John Aberasturi

I believe SNMP can help you. Which device are you trying to monitor and which KPI? You mentioned I/O however this is a bit vague. 

If you tell the exact device and data you want I think I can help you.

Hello,

An example is I would like to see the 5 minute input and output rates on gi0/1 of a 3945 updated every 1 minute for the dashboard.

Thanks.

Try this:

1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.5 - An estimate of the interface's current bandwidth in bits per second.

- The number of packets, delivered by this sub-layer to a higher

1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.11 - if in ucast pkts

1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.17 - if out ucast pkts

Frequency and update you need to control on your NMS. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: