cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitoring interface traffic in Prime infrastructure 3.5

Netzwerker
Level 1
Level 1

We have Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.5, T tried to add a tab under Monitor / Monitoring Tools / Performance Graphs to monitor utilization in RX and TX of a physical interface but it give me the error "No Metrics available for this Interface". 
What can I do?

Note: this error is shown for the majority not for all interfaces and Netflow is not configured.

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You may want to remove and re-add the particular device in Prime but use the button Verify Credentials first before the final add , also note that your Prime version is getting rather old, using recent version is advised , in that context also take a look at https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-5/supported/devices/PI35-Supported-Device-List.xlsx   , devices may get upgraded and become incompatible with older Prime version(s) -> Lookup your device and  check S/W column , make sure PI3.5 can still handle your device.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hi marce1000,

Thank for your reply!

For the same device, I cant see interface performance (TX/RX) for some interfaces but not available for all interfaces!

I want to know if Netflow must be configured or SNMP is sufficient for this use case?

- Prime does not need Netflow for interface monitoring , snmp  only. My arguments may still apply , if for instance these interfaces relate to new modules , and or are related to more recent hardware (for instance) or simply different types then  the ones you can monitor.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: