cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

multi site LMS deployment

mhassandiyar
Level 1
Level 1

can i deploy  multi site LMS to manage all devices from the main office, i have main office plus 2 remote site, i have MPLS connectivity between remote sitesand main office

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You will need a very limited amount of bandwidth for polling and tranfer of config files and other management traffic.

The only thing I would recomend if the bandwidth between the sites is very limited and perhaps not 100% reliable is NOT to use TFTP for IOS image transfers over the WAN.

For that you better use either a local server or use RCP, FTP or SCP.

Everything else will work without a problem.

Cheers,

Michel

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

Sure,

You can can create a master server use one devicelist on all servers and you can have a single sing on on all servers.

LMS doesn't do anything with mpls.

Cheers,

Michel

Thanks Michel,

but

I just want to make sure that i will be able to manage all network devices form the main office?

also do i need to purches more than one license, because the other servers?

kind Regards.

That is possible....   However it is not clear why you need multiple servers.

• Do you have to many devices for a single server?
  • Do you need local management when the WAN is down?
  • Do you want multiple servers to have redundacy when a server fails?

LMS can manage devices over the WAN without any problem.

If you have multiple servers that manage the same devices cisco want's you to buy multiple licenses.

But if your license exceeds the number of devices that can be managed by a single server and you run DFM on one server RME on another , etc then the same license can be used on these servers

Cheers,

Michel

thanks Michel,

i just need to manage all the network devices from one server located in the main office, my network devices as follow

23 Devices main office

12 remote site 1

7 remote site 2

So according to your reply if i installed the LMS in the main office i can manage the other devices over the WAN?

but will not work over the WAN so can you tell me what function will be effected?

Kind Regards.

You will need a very limited amount of bandwidth for polling and tranfer of config files and other management traffic.

The only thing I would recomend if the bandwidth between the sites is very limited and perhaps not 100% reliable is NOT to use TFTP for IOS image transfers over the WAN.

For that you better use either a local server or use RCP, FTP or SCP.

Everything else will work without a problem.

Cheers,

Michel

Thanks Michel

Your welcome Mohamed,

Keep in mind that the more you explain what excatly you wish to achieve, the more to the point the answer can be.

Cheers,

Michel

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card