cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MWR 2941 is "unknown" in DCR and CM Topology

kmong
Level 1
Level 1

We are using LMS 3.2 for our customer and will manage MWR 2941 routers. It can be discovered but are shown as "unknown" devices. In the topology, it is also questioned.I have checked the supported devices in LMS 3.2 ( CM 5.2) and found out that it is not supported. and there were no device packages for update. But 2941 was supported in LMS 3.1 (CM 5.1.7). What could be a possible way to be able to manage MWR 2941 routers? Is it possible to downgrade the CM 5.2 to CM 5.1.7?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Please try to update the CMF package to 1.51 using the following procedure:

1) /etc/init.d/dmgtd stop

2) /opt/CSCOpx/bin/PSUCli.sh -p cmf -download -dst -all

3) /opt/CSCOpx/bin/PSUCli.sh -p cmf -install -src -all

4) /etc/init.d/dmgtd start

Please use something out of CSCOpx for the

Also as per the official Supported device table for LMS 3.2 this sysObjectId 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1215 is supported in RME 4.3.1.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/3.2/device_support/table/lms32sdt.html

I would recommend to install that version of RME and then update the device packages for RME.

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=282635175&flowid=5145&softwareid=280775120&os=Solaris&release=4.3.1&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

2) /opt/CSCOpx/bin/PSUCli.sh -p rme -download -dst -all

3) /opt/CSCOpx/bin/PSUCli.sh -p rme -install -src -all

Also updating from RME 4.3.0 to 4.3.1 will most likely cause this bug to appear CSCtc21648. A patch is available by contacting TAC.

Hope this helps.

Andres

View solution in original post

22 Replies 22

andporra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please send the sysObjectId from this device.

1) Go to Device Troubleshooting - Device Center.
2) Type in your device's IP address in the field and click Go.
3) Select from the Tools menu the SNMP walk option.
4) Type in your device's IP address if it is not already there.
5) Type the read community string or SNMP v3 credentials that your device uses.
6) Type .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.2 in the Starting OID field.
7) Check the "Output OIDs Numerically" checkbox.
8) Select SNMP version 2c or v3.
9) Click OK.
10) Send the results.

Regards,

Andres

The following is a SNMP walk of device 10.220.20.139 starting from .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.2

SNMP Walk Output

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.1.3.6.1.2.1.1.2.0 = OID: .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1215

I dont see this device (1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1215) Cisco MWR 2941-DCA Mobile Wireless Router was supported in LMS 3.1 as per the Device Supported Table for LMS 3.1.

Though it seems to be supported in LMS 3.2 but in RME only.

For more details, please check :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/3.2/device_support/table/lms32sdt.html

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Hi,

As Vinod said this device 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1215 should be supported in LMS 3.2 but only on RME, so it is expected to see it as unknow in Campus manager.

However, you should be able to see the device type correctly recognized in DCR, please make sure that the SNMP credentials are correctly configured.

Also let's try to update your server device packages for Common services using CLI.

1) Stop the daemon manager: net stop crmdmgtd

2) To download the Device Updates, enter:

NMSROOT\bin\PSUCli.bat -p cmf -download -dst download directory -all

3) Once you downloaded the packages please proceed to install them:

NMSROOT\bin\PSUCli.bat -p cmf -install -src dir -all

(NMSROOT is the folder where Cisco Works is installed, by default c:\Progra~1\CSCOpx)

4) Start the daemon manager: net start crmdmgtd

Wait around 10 minutes until the daemon manager is ready.

Let me know if this fix the issue in DCR.

Andres

Hi Andres,

I have already updated the MDF package for Common Services from version 1.25 to version 1.49. But it did nothing. The MWR 2941 routers are still listed under UNKNOWN DEVICE TYPES. Is there any way that we can make LMS 3.2 support these kind of routers like upgrade or downgrade on any module? Because we need this to be supported in DFM, RME, CM.

Thanks,

Katarina

Also I have checked the xml file included in the MDF v1.49 and searched if MWR 2941-DCA routers are included, and it is included. I am attaching a screenshot. So does this mean that it should be supported already in LMS 3.2? Any thoughts on these? Because we really need to manage the routers (DFM, RME, CM)

Hi,

This device MWR 2941 (1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1215) is only meant to be supported in RME.

Also there is a newer version of the MDF package (1.51), please make sure to install that update and to update all the RME device packages as well.

The device should be running 12.2.33-MRB1(ED) or later in order to be properly managed in Cisco Works.

And RME needs to be 4.3.1 at least.

Also verify the SNMP and telnet/ssh credentials on Cisco Works.

Andres

Knowing that the device be supported in RME, should it really be seen as "UNKNOWN DEVICE TYPE" in the DCR?

I have tried to create an inventory job for the MWR2941 DCA routers, and it was successful. When I checked it in the DCR, they are still listed in the "UNKNOWN DEVICE TYPE". I tried deleting the devices and then added them manually. Upon manually selecting the device type, I noticed that there is no option for "MWR 2941 DCA router (1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1215)

I believe there is something wrong with this. I have already updated the package to v1.49, and checking its XML, MWR 2941 DCA is included in the supported devices. Was it possible that the package was not updated properly? What is the proper steps in updating the MDF package?

If MWR 2941 DCA routers are not supported on all other modules, I atleast need it to be working properly in the DCR. In RME it is already working fine.

Our MWR 2941 DCA routers are running on 12.2(33)MRB4 so it should be properly managed by Ciscoworks.

SNMP and telnet credentials were verified and it was correct.

In RME, the devices are working fine because I tested them in inventory collection. Inventory was successful. But regarding the RME version with patch level, it is only 4.3.0. Do we still need to update RME?

Also I'm afraid that the mdf v.149 was not properly updated.Here is how I have done the update:

• Checked      existing version of Common Services MDF package. Installed package is      version 1.25

• Accessed      Ciscoworks server. Checked the location of the existing MDF package. It is      located in opt/CSCOpx/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/xms/psu/pkgs/cmf
  • Copied      MDF package version 1.49 to the Ciscoworks server through FTP.
  • Accessed      Ciscoworks server through telnet. Entered root, and then stopped the      daemon manager using the command /etc/init.d/dmgtd      stop
  • Entered opt/CSCOpx/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/xms/psu/pkgs/cmf and then replaced the existing      MDF package with Mdf v1.49 package
  • Restarted      daemon manager using the command /etc/init.d/dmgtd      start
  • Opened      Ciscoworks LMS (webgui). Checked MDF package version, version is still      1.25. Installed device package from the CiscoWorks User Interface. Entered      the server path where package v1.49 is located

• After      clicking next, an info window popped up saying that the all packages are      already installed. But when I checked the MDF version, it is still version      1.25

• Stopped      daemon manager. Entered opt/CSCOpx/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/xms/psu/pkgs/cmf and restored the existing MDF      package

• Updated      the package using the PSU Cli. Entered the command: ./PSUCli.sh -p cmf -install -src      /opt/CSCOpx/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/xms/psu/pkgs/cmf –all
  • Package      was installed. A warning was seen saying DeviceData 1.0 version 1.0 is already installed, and Mdf 1.49 is already installed.

• Restarted      daemon manager. Accessed LMS webgui after 5 minutes. Checked the MDF      version, it is now updated to version 1.49

I have noticed something here that MDF is now version 1.49, but there is an additional item which is Device Data version 1.0. If you look at my screenshot before the activity, only MDF version 1.25 is listed.

• Checked      event logs to confirm installation
  • Checked      the MWR2941 routers in the device summary. It is still listed in the      UNKNOWN device types.
  • Deleted      the MWR 2941 routers and performed device discovery.
  • After      performing device discovery, the MWR2941 routers are still unknown.
Kindly comment if there's something wrong in my procedures. If there is, kindly state the correct procedures so that i can try installing package 1.51
Thanks

Hi,

Please try to update the CMF package to 1.51 using the following procedure:

Please use something out of CSCOpx for the

Also as per the official Supported device table for LMS 3.2 this sysObjectId 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1215 is supported in RME 4.3.1.

I would recommend to install that version of RME and then update the device packages for RME.

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=282635175&flowid=5145&softwareid=280775120&os=Solaris&release=4.3.1&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

2) /opt/CSCOpx/bin/PSUCli.sh -p rme -download -dst -all

3) /opt/CSCOpx/bin/PSUCli.sh -p rme -install -src -all

Also updating from RME 4.3.0 to 4.3.1 will most likely cause this bug to appear CSCtc21648. A patch is available by contacting TAC.

Hope this helps.

Andres

Should I delete the existing MDF package? Or just leave it there and then put the 1.51 package outside CSCOpx instead?

Hi,

Please leave the existing MDF package.

Just perform the upate with the steps that I sent before.

Andres

I just want to be clear with the steps. Please comment if I'm wrong:

1. Download MDF version 1.51 package from cisco (http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=282641053&flowid=5150&softwareid=283716219&release=Mdf.1.51&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest)
  2. Copy the MDF ver 1.51 to the Ciscoworks server (SOLARIS) through FTP. Locate it in a folder outside CSCOpx
  3. And then follow these:

Hi,

If you download the MDF package manually from CISCO.com then you don't need step 2)

From step 1) skip to step 3) and use as the folder where you copied the MDF package.

Regards,

Andres

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: