Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help with templates

dredlord44
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I am wondering if someone could be so kind as to help me understand the way I should correctly implement this requirement in Ciscoworks Prime.

I have a large network with a number of different vlan interfaces and interface IDs some of which have Ip helper addresses defined. I am trying to automate the process of changing the IP helper address on the interfaces that have an existing value. Unfortunately I am a bit lost on how to define a template in prime.

Basically what I am trying to do is search for a particular string in the config example ip helper address 1.1.1.1 and change it to a new value if found.

I would greatly appreciate some guidance or sample template with regards to the above

1 Reply 1

ajc
Level 7
Level 7

Hi dred, attached a document that I have using basic template configuration, which shows you how to configure/change an specific parameter for a remote device using LMS (it also applies to device groups). I suggest you to give a try in just one device. hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: