Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need System Object ID

Not applicable

I need to find the SysOID for a N9K-C9236C (Cisco Nexus 9236C Switch). I have tried the System Object ID navigator but it cannot find that particular device in the list (it does find a C9232). I've been on the net but have found nothing. Can someone tell me where else to look - or, better, than can tell me the ID #?

Dan Flake

Verizon

4 Replies 4

Dan, it would depend on the exact "flavor" of your N9K that you have. I would suggest you just run a snmpwalk against your switch which is a much faster and more "accurate" result.

Syntax:

snmpwalk -v 2c -c community-name-goes-here ip-address-goes-here sysobjectid

I would have someone do that if we actually had one, but I am requesting work to be done on one and before they let me send them the device, they want to know what its SOID is. It's a chicken-egg thing.

Line 1369 onwards on this xls file that you can download from Cisco Prime. Not sure if it is updated for this device. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/cloud-systems-management/prime-infrastructure/products-device-support-tables-list.html

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.1 does have the 9236 listed. I searched the whole workbook.