cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to set up VoIP on Cisco SF250 switch.

We recently set up a new SF250-48HP 48-Port 10/100 PoE Smart Switch. I went to add an Cisco IP phone to the network and it would not connect. I get an IP address but the DNS information does not come through. I need to know how to set the VoIP settings on this switch. Thanks and advance. 

7 Replies 7

Hello balaji.bandi
Thank you for your response. I followed those steps in the guide and there is no change. I did get this message at the top of the management console.

Success. To permanently save the configuration, go to the File Operations page or click the Save icon.
Note that changes to the Voice VLAN properties may take several seconds to take effect.

Auto Smartport is currently enabled. Auto Smartport and Telephony OUI are mutually exclusive.
CoS/802.1p and DSCP values are used only for LLDP MED Network Policy and Auto Voice VLAN.

Thanks
Michael

If you get a chance logging to switch cli, and post-show run

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello BB, 

Thank you for your response. I got pulled off to another project and this took a while to get back to this. I tried connecting to the switch with Putty to open a CLi, but the switch refused the connection. I am very new to this switch so I may have a setting wrong in the switch. I am connected and logged in through the web interface. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks

Michael

but the switch refused the connection

means you are not able to Login ? do you see login prompt on the console ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello,

what does the DHCP pool for your voice Vlan look like ?

Hello 

Thank you for your response. I got pulled off to another project and this took a while to get back to this. The DCHP pool is 

Range: 192.168.40.103 - 192.168.40.254

Thanks

Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: