cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Netflow MIB question

cmarva
Level 4
Level 4

Not sure if I am missing something or what.....

From the netflow MIB, I am trying to poll the object 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.387.1.4.3 to get statistics.

this works fine with the 19/29/3900 series. It returns a zero on all of our ISR4ks. If I issue "sho flow exp stat" on any ISR4k, I do see the counts incrementing. I also did a complete walk of this MIB on a 4321 and pretty much everything is zeroes. It looks like this MIB is not supported in IOS_XE.

I will continue digging but to this point I have not found another MIB that will gather this info. If anyone has any pointers, I appreciate it. - chris

2 Replies 2

Jaderson Pessoa
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Look at the software "MIB BROWSER" download it, certainly it will help you to get any information about MIB.

HERE: https://www.solarwinds.com/pt/engineers-toolset/use-cases/snmp-mib-browser
Regards,
Jaderson Pessoa
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***

it's either a bug or just not written into XE. The object I am polling is 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.387.1.4.3, which is from the cisco-netflow-mib, cnfExportStatistics, object 3, which is records exported.

if i do a "sho snmp mib | incl cnf" on one of our 4ks, I get:

USWESCSLSARLTXR01#sh snmp mib | incl cnf

>snip

cnfExportStatistics.1
cnfExportStatistics.2
cnfExportStatistics.3
cnfExportStatistics.4
cnfExportStatistics.5
cnfExportStatistics.6

so the software sayd it's supported, and I do get a return, it is just zero. Works fine on the 19/29/39s, so it might just be an IOS-XE thing since those devices use FNF. Not an overly big deal. It does seem to like a bug to me since I get a return, it just always returns zero, and it looks like the current value is just not getting populated for this OID.

chris