Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Availability Reports in Cisco Prime 3.7

Hi All,

I have been tasked to generate a report for all wired devices in cisco prime that can show network availability. This is so our director can have visibility of of how many hours downtime we have had every month and to prove that our network has remained up during the year for at least 99.9% of the time. The issue I have is that i cant find a way of producing such a report as tools like solarwinds, prtg, and cacti are used for such tasks.

Does anybody know any way of generating a report that can report anything similar to what you can see from the tools mentioned above ?

Best Regards,

Sabeel

5 Replies 5

Hi,

Those links just show me how to create a report. creating a reports isn't an issue, I have created many and have created custom reports, but it seems like the most prime can show me is device availability - not network availability.

Can you confirm if it possible to measure the uptime of each network using prime ?

Best Regards,

Sabeel

Can you confirm if it possible to measure the uptime of each network using prime ?

I may be misread the requirement here, i was in imopression device availability, may be you looking network availability. Prime is not 100% NMS here, you should get some kind of reports based in the information available make own script to get calculated, or good NMS can give you in hand availability tools

appologies for the confusion.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi,

Would you advise use a dedicated network monitoring tool for such a task then? such a solar winds as an example ?

Best Regards,

Sabeel

Solarwinds  / PRTG / Logic Monitr

Open Source - Cacti / nagious / ELK./ Grafana

you need to look features and demos to look what you looking for your KPI.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help