Views
Helpful
Replies

New CCNA CCNA 200-301 exam and study guide

dgaikwad
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Experts,
I am not sure if this is the correct community to ask this question.
But, if anyone could recommend if, for preparation for 200-301 certificate, I would need to get the CCNA 200-301 Official Cert Guide, Volume 1 or CCNA 200-301 Official Cert Guide, Volume 2
Or just going with the volume 1 is enough?

12 Replies 12

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

it all depends on how depth you like to understand cisco products and technology.

if you like more depth knowledge and do not like to miss anything suggest go with both the volumes, which help strong foundation.

here is cisco path and suggestion :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/training-events/training-certifications/exams/current-list/ccna-200-301.html#~stickynav=1

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Both books must have; starting with vol 1 and then 2; i think reading vol 2 you will be ask to go back to vol 1; it is like a revisit.

check cisco learning network for more info learningnetwork.cisco.com/
note that that site will go under construction soon (read only mode)

best of luck!

Thank you! This would be a good start to work on acquiring the certification.
Also, what is the efforts needed to put in lab and theory? Or just the theory is enough to pass this exam?

The theory is for you to understand how the system works and knowledge. 

Lab practice makes you perfect, to understand command syntax - it will help you real-world configuration.

BB

contactmeas
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to share 3 types of recommended preparation sources here. I have no idea about the reaction of admin against my post? But I would like to clear one thing that my attention is not to promote any kind of products or services, I just came here to serve the community with my best exam preparation tips and experiences. So, in the following line I have mentioned official Cisco site link, where you can get the recommend learning materials.
http://www.ciscopress.com/store/ccna-200-301-official-cert-guide-volume-1-9780135792735
And, here is the CCNA 200-301 Complete Video Course and Practice Test:
http://www.pearsonitcertification.com/store/ccna-200-301-complete-video-course-and-practice-test-9780136582755.
With above cited links you will get the complete information about the Cisco CCNA 200-301 exam details, topics, scope of exams, skills measured by exam and exam registration process. But the big dilemma where are the valid, accurate, updated and error free exam practice questions and answers that will ace your whole Cisco CCNA 200-301 exam process and ensure your success in the final Cisco CCNA 200-301 exam. To find both things at the single platform is a real challenging job for candidates. But at “JustCerts” it is a routine matter. At this Cisco preparation platform, you will find everything that you need to learn, prepare and pass the challenging Cisco CCNA 200-301 easily. You should try this.
If you think this reply is good for you then tell me. Thanks and Goodluck

Thanks for the paths that you suggested and I think this will be pretty helpful to prepare for the exams.
As of now I see that the JustCerts does not have questions sets, seems that they are on some kind of On Demand.

Will start the preparation with book first and then move on to the next steps.

As long as you understand the concept., getting cert is not a problem at all.

BB

contactmeas
Level 1
Level 1

My Dear, I would like to suggest 3 types of exam preparation sources that will be helpful for you.

You should try cisco official guide from this link:

The send one is, you have to consider this: 

And, the third one is, you have to use this software to validate your preparation:

The all above-mentioned source are just a recommendation. If you have a better source then go for that.

rcales
Level 1
Level 1

I am going through those books now. you can pick the 2 book set on amazon for just a few dollars more than the price of one of the individual books. I haven't taken the test yet, but I would imagine having both books would be important. 

Thanks! I was planning on finishing the first book first then move to the second one.
But, then having both of them would be helpful to get started working on the certification.

JoanGallegos
Level 1
Level 1

I recommend you to use both books CCNA 200-301 Official Cert Guide Volume 1 and Volume 2.

Your Options with the Two CCNA 200-301 Books: Volume 1 and 2 ...

But if you want more help, you can go for CBT Nuggets course, I really recommend this to study, also if you have posibilities i recommend you to buy some real equipment. Keep going, you can do it!

footerest
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently studying for the exam.  You NEED both books.  They cover completely different areas of the exam.  From the Book intro:

When we created the Official Cert Guide content for the CCNA 200-301 exam, we considered a few options for how to package the content, and we landed on releasing a two-book set. Figure I-3 shows the setup of the content, with roughly 60 percent of the content in Volume 1 and the rest in Volume 2. 

Volume 1

Fundamentals
Ethernet LANs
IPv4 Routing
IPv6 Routing
Wireless LANs

Volume 2:

Security
IP Services
Automation
Architecture