Could you tell a bit what's hot and new? I know already from some Cisco document that nGenius RTM will be replaced with IPM as RWAN will be discontinued.
But I've heart rumors that the new LMS won't be based on Java anymore. Is that true?
- New GUI with a look like ITEM
- More scalable
- Support for SNMPv3
- RTM is out and IPM is in
- Java 1.4.2_04 (and only this version)
- Support of Solaris 8 and 9 and Windows 2000 SP4 and 2003
- New license structure (LMS 300 ($10k) and LMS Large Enterprise ($20k))
- New FlexLM License enforcement
- New version of Sybase
- Use of Apache and Tomcat on both Windows and Solaris (will not install if IIS is running)
- Includes DFM 2.0, RME 4.0, CM 4.0, IPM 2.6, CV 6.1 Common Services 3.0
- New common repository called DCR (Device Credentials Repository
The slides should be available on Cisco's web soon. I'll let you know.
My SE is saying end of Feb. as well. I sure hope you don't have to wait till April to order.
I'm also glad to see 2003 finally supported. Your SE should be able to get you a PPT of it. It has some screen shots and other information about the product.
The presentations are now available at http://www.cisco.com/global/DK/seminarer/partnermateriale.shtml. Requires CCO login. Look for "Techncial Update, Network Management - 11-12. januar 2005".