Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nework for remote services

Hello, I am working on a scenario in which a service provider maintains healthcare devices at many different hospitals. Each of these will create large files (up to 5GB) a few times per day that need to be sent to the provider's data center. Currently, healthcare devices are connected to an IPSec router that is connected to a data center through a VPN.

I am looking to come up with an alternative that makes it possible to use these remote services independently of the hospital's network, and therefore I considered making use of LTE routers with SIM cards instead to provide mobile connectivity.

Would this be a suitable approach in your opinion? I'd be happy to hear your thoughts!

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

5GB single file is huge, i have seen some LTE system break the connection then this required to re-establish, sometime it will take longer than expected.

alternatively, i have set up this kind of system for hospitals using MoveIT(software) file transfer does in the early hours where there is not much traffic utilization compare to peak hours.

this needs to be agreed business, files will be available later day morning.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

@balaji.bandi wrote:

5GB single file is huge, i have seen some LTE system break the connection then this required to re-establish, sometime it will take longer than expected.

alternatively, i have set up this kind of system for hospitals using MoveIT(software) file transfer does in the early hours where there is not much traffic utilization compare to peak hours.

this needs to be agreed business, files will be available later day morning.

Thank you very much for your answer!

To provide a little more background information, the current setup that is installed by the service provider is very time-consuming and sometimes not finished in time. For the installation of new medical devices, it would be helpful to ensure this can be provided faster.

Therefore, I thought about letting the service provider take care of cellular routers and SIM cards that are independent of the hospital's network and could be used quickly. Although I couldn't quite determine the exact data costs, I agree this is an expensive option. Do you see any alternative solutions that can be implemented quickly.

i can understand the service provider hosted here. but what kind of capacity (internet links) hospital have.?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help